Important Information For SCFCU
VISA Credit Cardholders
As part of Sussex County Federal Credit Union’s commitment to providing members with efficient services at affordable rates‚ the credit union will be transitioning to a new credit card processing system in August 2012.
This transition is applicable only to SCFCU Visa Credit Cards; SCFCU Visa Debit Cards are NOT affected. Find out all you need to know to ensure uninterrupted service.
WHO IS AFFECTED BY THIS TRANSITION?
- Current SCFCU Visa credit cardholders will soon receive a new SCFCU Visa Credit Card via U.S. mail; that card will become effective for use August 27‚ 2012.
- Current SCFCU Visa credit cardholders will also receive a new PIN (personal identification number) via U.S. Mail which corresponds with the new card.
WHAT ACTION NEEDS TO BE TAKEN?
- You may continue to use your existing SCFCU Visa Credit Card until August 27‚ 2012. Upon receipt‚ you may pre-activate your new SCFCU Visa Credit Card by calling the number listed on the activation label on the front of the new card.
- The account number and expiration date on the new card will differ from the old card; this means any recurring payments tied to an old card number and/or expiration date will need to be updated with the new card information‚ effective August 27‚ 2012.
VISA STATEMENT DELIVERY:
- Visa statements will no longer come in a separate envelope; they will accompany your regular SCFCU monthly share statement either electronically or via U.S. Mail‚ depending upon your current delivery method. When reviewing your monthly statement be sure to also review your Visa statement to ensure you meet PAYMENT DUE DATES and avoid late fees.
WHEN WILL THIS TRANSITION TAKE PLACE?
- Your new SCFCU VISA Credit Card should arrive no later than mid-August.
- A new PIN should arrive approximately two weeks after you receive your new card.
- Your new SCFCU Visa Platinum Credit Card must be activated in order to begin using it on August 27‚ 2012; at which time your old SCFCU Visa Credit Card will be automatically disabled.
- Beginning in September 2012‚ SCFCU Visa Credit Card Statements will accompany the SCFCU monthly statements.
WHERE DO I GO FOR HELP OR QUESTIONS?
Throughout this transition you can continue to enjoy the benefits of your low-rate Visa Credit Card with NO Annual Fees and NO Balance Transfer Fees. Your patience is greatly appreciated as SCFCU works to increase operational efficiencies and lower transaction processing costs for our member-owners.