Youth Accounts — Teens ages 15 to 17
Having a checking and savings account in your own name is a step toward adulthood. These accounts allow your teen to save money‚ make purchases‚ and pay bills efficiently.
Help Your Teen Gain Real World Experience
- Free checking‚ regardless of balance
- Visa Debit Card — for point of sale purchases and ATM withdrawals
- On-line Banking — to view history‚ make transfers
Help Your Teen Save Money
- Our Kids Club Account helps you help your children save money by paying a high rate of return and promoting good savings habits
- You can further maximize your return with our Savings Club and Education Savings Accounts
Teach Your Teen Good Borrowing Habits & Start Building Their Credit History
Student Share Secured Visa Card
- Special rate of 8% Annual Percentage Rate with a maximum credit limit of $500‚ with a qualified guarantor.
- Secured by a savings account for 20% above the credit limit
- The savings may be in teen’s account‚ a parent’s account‚ a grandparent’s account‚ etc.
Congratulations to Richard Lamontagne on winning Sussex County FCU’s 2013 National Credit Union Youth Week High School Essay Contest. Based on this year’s theme‚ “Savings Sleuth—Solve the Mystery™”‚ this DE New Tech Academy student tapped into his inner detective to write a short essay showcasing the clues and tools available to help kids save their money to buy something they want.
To teach the importance of wise money management‚
the materials below were created for students by students‚ with help from DE New Tech Academy!
Download our Money Guide for Teens