Youth Accounts — Young Adults ages 18 to 22
Checking and Savings Products to Meet Your Needs
- Free checking, regardless of balance
- Visa Debit Card — for point of sale purchases and ATM withdrawals
- On-line Banking — to view history, make transfers
- On-line Bill Payment — pay bills electronically
You might have had a Kids Club Account with us. This account was designed to allow your parents and grandparents to save for your future. Well‚ your future has arrived. Getting into the habit of setting money aside regularly is the foundation for a successful financial future.
The following accounts will be of most interest to you at this age:
Regular Savings Account
- Provides instant access to your funds at anytime while paying a competitive rate of return
- Pays high rates on funds over $1‚000
- Designed for the true saver. You may make one free withdraw per month; thereafter, you are charged $10 per withdrawal
Loan Products to Meet Your Needs
These products are designed to give the young borrower a start into the world of credit at a slow pace and low interest rates.
- Credit line of up to $1‚000 in your name at the special annual percentage rate of 8% with a qualified guarantor
Student Share Secured Visa Card
- Special rate of 8% Annual Percentage Rate with a maximum credit limit of $2,500
- Secured by a savings account for 20% above the credit limit
- The savings may be in your account‚ a parent’s account‚ a grandparent’s account‚ etc.
First Time Auto Buyers Program
- Special rate for new borrowers with qualified guarantors The rate is set at one tier below the guarantor’s rate. If the guarantor qualifies for the “A” rate (our best rate)‚ we will provide the first time borrower with the “B” rate.
Sussex County Federal Credit Union Foundation Scholarships
Scholarships are available to
to high school seniors or college students currently enrolled in a two or four year accredited college, whom excel in school as well as extracurricular activities and are active members of Sussex County Federal Credit Union.
Click here to download the application. Scholarship applications must be received by March 14, 2014.